Our planned class and rehearsal schedule for the fall semester of 2020 is as follows:
3:30-4:10 Suzuki-Based Violin Class for 5- and 6-year-olds
3:30-4:15 Prelude – Cello & Bass
4:00-5:30 YSO Wind/Brass Ensemble
4:30-5:15 Overture Strings
4:30-5:15 Prelude – Violin & Viola
5:30-6:15 Intermezzo Orchestra
5:30-6:15 Prelude – Violin & Viola
6:30-8:00 YSO String Orchestra
Class times are subject to change based on enrollment and room availability. Classes will be held at the Knights of Columbus Hall at 3600 W Purdue Ave., Muncie, IN 47304. YSO winds and brass will meet at the Ross Community Center, 1110 W 10th St, Muncie, IN 47302. Our first rehearsal will be August 31. Audition recordings should be sent prior to August 29. (See registration forms for more info.)
Guidelines specific to YSOECI are being developed and will be available by the first day of class/rehearsal. These will include:
- Students will wear face masks or shields and will social distance as much as possible. Winds and brass players will be advised how to adapt their face coverings to accommodate playing. Bell covers will be encouraged.
- Students in all classes except Suzuki will bring their own music stands to class/rehearsal.
- Students using chairs will clean their own chairs after each use, utilizing cleaning supplies provided by YSOECI.
- Students should wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer prior to entering the classroom.
- Students should not attend class/rehearsal if exhibiting symptoms or if exposed to known carriers of Covid-19.
- YSO will meet for 90 minutes with one short break (no snack). A string orchestra will meet separately from a wind/brass ensemble.
- Students are encouraged to bring personal water bottles since drinking fountain use is not advisable.
Links to our registration forms are here.
Contact Tiffany Arnold at email@example.com or 765-702-7529 with any questions.